The bylaws of the Council provide membership in the society for one representative of each union or council of unions which financially supports SkillPlan and one representative of an employer of the members of such a union or council of unions. The board of directors (a minimum of three from labour and three from management) sets policy and oversees the operation of the Council.
SkillPlan is partly funded through collective agreements. One cent and in some cases, two cents are contributed for every hour worked.
Unions, companies and training plans pay a fee-for-service for special project development.
We undertake work funded by Federal and Provincial Governments when the scope of the work contributes to our objectives.
Current & Former SkillPlan Directors
- Cecil Damery (Ironworkers, Local 97)
- Rick Wagner (Maxwell Floors Ltd.)
- Pamela Bragg (Lafarge North America – Aggregates, Concrete & Asphalt)
- Patrick Dennett (Division Eight Holdings Inc.)
- Gary Kroeker - Former Chair (Operating Engineers, Local 115)
- Ben Backman (Kingston Construction Ltd.)
- Dale Bekar (Pacific Blasting)
- Dean Homewood, Mark Olsen, Carl Strand (Construction & Specialized Workers, Local 1611)
- Richard Gordon, Greg Harris (LIUNA Sub Regional Office. Previously for Construction & Specialized Workers)
- Lee Loftus - Chair, Wayne Laxton (Heat & Frost Insulators, Local 118)
- Jim Lippert (Habitat for Humanity. Previously for Highway Constructors Ltd.)
- Jim Pearson (Hotel & Restaurant Employees )
- David Kermode (Kermode Energy Insulators)
- Klaus Fischer (CVC Services)
- John Hik (Seaward Construction Ltd.)
- Wayne Peppard, Len Werden, Bill Holmes (BC & Yukon Territory Building & Construction Trades Council)
- Richard Hancock (Canadian Stebbins Engineering)
- Bob Morrison, Chuck McVeigh (Construction Labour Relations Association)
- Mansel Evans (The Fletcher Construction Company Ltd.)
- Phil Bond (Ellis-Don Construction Ltd.)
- Len Embree, Peter Norris, John Harper (Provincial Council Of Carpenters)
- John Forgeron (SAR Transit)
Top of Page